Make the cut - 10 ways to shave 100 calories a day
If the mere idea of trying to lose weight fills you with dread, think of this number: 100.
If you cut just 100 calories from your daily diet, you'll lose roughly 10 pounds in a year--without a big effort on your part. An added bonus: The small changes you make will likely be easy to stick with over time, which will help you lose even more weight.
So how do you cut 100 calories? Here are 10 ideas:
- Order your favorite coffee drink with fat-free milk and sugar-free syrup.
- Enjoy slow-churned, reduced-calorie ice cream instead of regular ice cream.
- Have a diet soda instead of a regular one.
- Skip the cheese on your burger, or order small fries instead large.
- Split a single dessert with others.
- Munch on raw veggies with salsa instead of eating chips.
- Get your chocolate fix with a fun-sized candy bar instead of a full-sized one.
- Make an open-faced sandwich with just one slice of bread instead of two.
- Cook with a cooking spray instead of butter or margarine.
- Don't clean your plate at each meal—leave a few bites.
Sounds pretty doable, don't you think?
Sources: Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics; American Diabetes Association; American Institute for Cancer Research
Back to Blog Posts