Turkey Club Burger
Recipe yields 4 servings.
Looking for a filling, high protein, low calorie meal? Try this turkey club burger that packs in 29 grams of protein and only 299 calories:
- 12 oz 99% fat free ground turkey
- 1/2 C scallions, rinsed and sliced
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 oz. spinach or arugula, rinsed and dried
- 4 oz portabella mushroom, rinsed, grilled, and sliced
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
Preheat grill on medium-high heat. To prepare burgers, combine ground turkey, scallions, pepper and egg - mix well. Form into 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick patties and coat each lightly with olive oil. Grill for about 7-9 minutes on each side (to a minimum internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine mayonnaise and mustard to make a spread. Assemble 3/4 Tbsp. spread, 1 oz spinach or arugula, several slices of grilled portabella mushroom and one burger on each bun.
Back to Blog Posts