Respiratory services are provided to both inpatients and outpatients by specially-trained Respiratory Therapists at Carson Valley Medical Center. Outpatient respiratory services are scheduled with a referral from your physician. Respiratory Therapists are available 24-hours a day for Emergency Room and hospital patients.
Some of the respiratory services offered at CVMC are:
- Complete Pulmonary Function testing (PFT)
- Pre-Operative PFT/Teaching Package (includes PFT, incentive spirometer, and cough instruction)
- Exercise Oximetry
- Asthma/COPD teaching (for newly diagnosed patients)
- Aerosolized Medication Therapy with instruction in self-administration
- Freedom From Tobacco smoking cessation course
For more information about respiratory care, or to inquire about the next smoking cessation course, call (775) 782-1626.