The Carson Valley Medical Center Hospital Foundation
The Carson Valley Medical Center Hospital Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing a partnership with our community to improve healthcare services, educational and research programs, and to support lifesaving technology through philanthropy.
To collaborate with the community and healthcare providers to identify and bring state of the art healthcare to the members of our community. It is our philanthropic promise to work diligently to raise funds to acquire healthcare equipment and programs that meet the needs of, and enrich the lives of, our community. Funds raised through the CVMC Hospital Foundation will improve the the healthcare system's ability to serve the medical needs of the Carson Valley community and its visitors.
Hospital Foundation Board Members:
Linda Birdwell, Director; Nita Schwartz, MD, Chairperson; Tara Addeo, Vice Chair; Drew Aguilar, CPA, Secretary/Treasurer Members: Krissie Haliwell; Colleen Kriss, DO; Tim O'Brien; Andrea Andersson, Scott Morgan
Donations help to improve health services and enhance the quality of life in our community. Your donation can make a big difference!
Click here to make a secure online donation.
Opportunities for Giving
Below are the opportunities available for individuals, patients, families, physicians, employees, community groups, and businesses who are interested in donating to Your Community Hospital.
An easy way to make a gift of any amount annually.
Memorialize a loved one with an engraved leaf to be displayed on the memorial tree on the hospital lobby. Minimum donation of $100.
Giving made easy through estate planning. Working with your attorney or professional advisor opens up endless opportunities to leave a lasting legacy in the community.
Participate in the CVMC Hospital Foundation's fundraisers throughout the year. Events include an annual gala and golf tournament. For news and information on foundation programs and events, visit our Facebook page.
When you shop Amazon, consider going through the CVMC Foundation Amazon Smile account (click here). Amazon will donate a portion of the each purchase price to the Carson Valley Medical Center Hospital Foundation.
Recognition of Our Donors
The Donor Wall of Recognition, located in the CVMC lobby, has been uniquely designed to honor and acknowledge donors who have achieved a cumulative giving amount of $5,000 or more. Personal name plates are updated annually to reflect continued support. In addition, annual donors - no matter the size of their gift - are also recognized on the donor wall. We truly appreciated all of our generous donors.
The Foundation's Fundraising Accomplishments
* Contributed $150,000.00 to the recent upgrade of the Hospital's telemetry system, improving real-time patient monitoring, and enhanced continuum of care
* Contributed to the hospital's acquisition of the Selenia Dimension digital mammography system, the industry's most sophisticated equiment which completed the Imaging Department's transition to fully digital capabilities
* Purchased upgraded equipment for the Rehabilitation Department
* Purchased advanced surgical equipment to expand services, allowing patients to have less invasive surgeries with less recovery time; helping physicians have the latest equipment
* Coordinated with the hospital to showcase our generous donors with the Donor Wall of Recognition
* The Foundation Scholarships were established in 2017 to award to local students pursuing healthcare careers
* Established the Pink Fund to assist with community members facing breast cancer diagnoses
* Memory Tree to honor those loved ones who have passed
* Purchased the Optimum-UV Enlight cleaning system by Clorox Healthcare to disinfect our operating rooms after procedures
* Contributed $100,000 to the expansion of the Minden Family Medicine Clinic
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 775-782-1697.