Travel Medicine Services
A pre-travel checkup with your doctor approximately 4-6 weeks before your trip can help ward off common but annoying illnesses, as well as less common diseases that could be serious, or even fatal. Carson Valley Medical Center offers comprehensive health services for international travelers, including:
- Immunizations that are required or recommended for travel abroad including yellow fever vaccine which is required for certain destinations.
- Prescriptions for malaria prevention and treatment of traveler’s diarrhea.
- Review of your itinerary and consultation with a medical provider regarding:
- Potential health risks
- Strategies for prevention and treatment of illness or injury
- Required and recommended immunization
Download our Travel Information Form
and call (775) 782-1610 for your appointment.
The CVMC Travel Medicine Clinic is located in the CVMC at Ironwood building:
897 Ironwood Drive
Minden, NV 89423
(775) 782-1610 (phone)
(775) 783-8019 (fax)
When is a travel medicine checkup necessary?
Travelers should see their physician or visit a travel medicine clinic if:
- they are going to developing countries,
- they are visiting sites that are not on the usual tourist routes or traveling to high altitudes,
- they have chronic diseases that could be affected by travel,
- they are visiting countries that require vaccinations before they allow travelers to enter the country.